I made the yummiest dinner tonight. I don't often make dinner (in spite of the fact that I'm a health counselor and talk to people about cooking ALL THE TIME - I know, I know) so I was very proud of myself. Here is my creation so that it will live on eternal and maybe I can make it again some time.
(Note that while I was making this spectacular creation I tried to make a balsamic glaze to spread inside. Instead I got a house full of balsamic fumes and then balsamic smoke as I fried the heck out of the vinegar. Hmm - I'll have to try that one again...)
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
Serves 2
INGREDIENTS
2 large tortillas
1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
1 can black beans, rinsed thoroughly
1 bunch red chard, cut roughly into bite-size pieces
1 clove garlic, diced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup shredded cheese
guacamole (2 avocados, mashed & combined with lemon juice & salt)
olive oil
salt
DIRECTIONS
1. Steam sweet potatoes for 10-15 minutes until soft to the touch.
2. While potatoes are steaming, heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add in chard and cook 3-4 minutes until bright green in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Remove sweet potatoes from steamer and mash until soft. Combine with lemon juice and salt to taste.
4. Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat and place one tortilla in. Cover half the tortilla with half of sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with some cheese. Add some black beans. Cover with some chard. Fold tortilla over and cook on low-medium heat. When ready CAREFULLY flip to other side. (My first one flipped was more like a sweet potato - black bean mush.)
5. Repeat for second tortilla and other half of mixture.
6. Serve each quesadilla on a plate with a scoop of guacamole.
Yum!
8.25.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment