Me and yoga, we've been through alot over the past ten years. We met in 2001 right after a difficult breakup. We saw each other once a week for several months and were both really happy with the arrangement. And then my eye started to wander. I saw the gleam of triathlon.
About four months after we met I left yoga for triathlon. I missed yoga but triathlon came with lots of new, fun stuff and took up all my free time, six days a week. I found I needed the seventh day just to sleep to recover from the activity.
After four months after we met, triathlon and I went away for a long weekend and I completed my ultimate goal: the Wildflower Olympic Distance Triathlon. I was thrilled to have come this far in triathlon and have rarely had such a rush as finishing that race but I also felt broken. I had been through the wars with triathlon and found myself tired, beat up, overweight (go figure!), and lacking a social life that had been completely sucked up by triathlon. I knew it was time to go our separate ways.
At this point I thought it best to go it on my own for a while. See my friends, take some gentle walks in the park, get back in touch with things I loved to do. And this I did for several months.
Once I was good and rested I found myself thinking about yoga and wondering what it would feel like to have yoga in my life again. I thought I would check it out and just see how it felt.
So I went back to yoga and, man, did it feel good. I was immediately, head over heels, back in love. I knew that yoga was there to stay. Since that wonderful reunion in late 2002 I've never looked back. Sure we've had our stumbles, yoga and I, but I always always know that yoga will be in my life.
And right now I really really really love yoga.
8.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment