8.30.2008

Rusty Yoga in the Park

The gods must have been listening to my I Heart Yoga declaration. No sooner did I write the last post than I got an email for free yoga in Dolores Park from Rusty Wells, yoga teacher extraordinaire.


Today I skipped on over to class and got the pleasure of a Rusty yoga day. He added in some "fun" (read "really jolly hard") moves that I want to remember:

Table pushups: Hands and knees > bring forehead to floor bending elbows into sides > push back up > repeat
Dolphin planks in between locust pose on belly
Down dog > knee to side > straighten leg out so it is over the hip of your neighbor
Abs: Hands behind you on the floor (like for reverse table) > legs straight out at 45 degree angle > bend knees in > straighten out > repeat; variation 2: bicycle legs
Abs 2: Lower right leg half way > left leg to meet it > right leg back up > left leg back up

No comments: