This weekend Hubby-To-Be and I did some more location hunting for our wedding.
Last time I fell in love with the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park. I called about dates and found out they are booked through November of 2009! Um, are you kidding? That's like ONE YEAR and THREE MONTHS from now! Holy smokes. I wasn't prepared for this.
We trekked back to the Hacienda de las Flores since that was Shay's favorite. They have some dates available in the spring - go figure - but now I'm thinking "What's wrong with it? Why is it not booked for the next three years? Do we really want to get married there if it's so ridiculously easy?" Yeah - I know - kind of silly. I was more enamoured of the place when I saw it again though. Traditional but could work. Shay said we could have croquet on the lawn. Maybe some bocce?
On Sunday we headed out to check more places. We started with the Lark Creek Inn cause it seemed cute and small and relatively cheap to rent. We were in for some serious sticker shock when we got there. To rent was cheap but it came with a $25,000 minimum for food and drink. That's right - 25K. I'm hoping my whole wedding costs much less than 25K, let alone the food and drink. Oh well - at least we had a very lovely brunch there. (The Baked Eggs was one of the best brunch things I've had. Ever.)
From there we went to the Landmarks Art & Garden Center in Tiburon. It was near the Old St. Hilary Church that we thought was kind of cute (even though churches really aren't my thing after far too long being forced to go to one). The space was kind of odd though and the lady there wasn't really selling it with her cries of fog, yucky weather, and nowhere to hide out if it rains. Check that one off the list.
From there we went to the Pelican Inn near Muir Beach and once again I was hooked. Coming off of our last Inn experience we were wondering what the price tag would be. Luckily (sort of) no-one was there wedding-related to squash our hopes and dreams so we enjoyed a very pleasant pint in the pub and thought about what a lovely laid-back wedding we could have there. We'll have to see what the price tag has in store for us.
And then we went home. And collapsed on the couch. And slept for eleven hours that night.
But not before Hubby-To-Be suggested maybe we should elope after all. Hmmm - no argument here.
9.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment