The passport sagas took a turn for the worse last night. I had sent in my paperwork part two (along with a silly letter explaining why I had cut up my passport in the first place) and was crossing my fingers and legs that I would get this passport in time for our trip. Did I mention we were going to Ireland for Hubby-To-Be's Granny's 90th Birthday party?
Well Hubby-To-Be got an email from his parents yesterday that unfortunately Granny is not doing so well. They are not sure she is going to make it through the day and most definitely not the week. (I think she's a fighter though so I'm not sure.)
Either way his parents think its best that we fly out right away instead of waiting for two weeks when we were originally going to go. That would be totally fine - neither of us are entrenched in our new jobs right now - except I have no passport. Stupid me.
So today I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with four people of varying help, an hour at the SF Passport Agency of quite a bit of help, and then another hour at the Passport Agency because they lost my application. (Not so much help.) The good news is that I am the proud owner of a twice re-issued passport that has my name and picture on it and is ready for travel.
Go Passport Agency SF!
And for that I only had to pay ten dollars for new passport pictures. Not sure how that happened. (Changing the flights cost us $500 each though. Ugh.)
Tomorrow I head out to Ireland. Wish me luck!
9.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment